You can find projects by searching for:
Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Verkehr, Landwirtschaft und Weinbau
Website: External link to the authority
VELKO – joint working group for agricultural composting
The VELKO project organizes a network for decentralized agricultural composting and aims to remove the hurdles that have stood in the way of this so far.
Since the number of livestock farms in the Rheinhessen and Pfalz regions in particular has continued to decline, the project involves livestock-free farms that bring plant-based materials into the composting process. In addition, the question of operational composting should also be presented for winegrowing companies.
The aim is to provide the participating farms with the technology, monitoring and advice they need to enable decentralized composting on the farms.
The project includes:
• Optimization of the material mix and the process steps for successful composting
• Cross-company machine use of the compost turner
• Advice and training for the companies involved
• Quality control of the composting process
• Analysis of the environmental impact
• Agronomic investigation of the compost quality
• Business and labor management results
• Information transfer and training measures
Results and the Final report will be found here, as soon as the project is completed.
Rural development 2014-2020
Stiftung Ökologie & Landbau (SÖL)
Weinstr. Süd 51
67098 Bad Dürkheim